Daddy's Dutch Apple Pie
- 1 Large Keebler Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 8 Peeled, Cored and Sliced Granny Smith Apples
- 1 ½ Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 Cup (or more) Cinnamon
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Step 1. Pre heat oven to 375°. Brush bottom and sides of pie crust evenly with slightly beaten egg yolks. Bake on baking sheet until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven and reduce heat to 350°.
- Step 2. In large mixing bowl combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, brown sugar and flour. Mix well and spoon into crust.
- Step 3. In medium mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar and room temperature butter. Using fork mix untill crumbly. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples. Be careful not to pack.
- Step 4. Bake on a baking sheet until crumb topping is golden and filling is bubbling, about 65 minutes. Cool on wire rack about 4 hours. Serve at room temperature.
- Step 5. Optional (not), just before serving, top with Vanilla Ice-Cream!