- 8 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Raw White Rice
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 4 tbs. Salted Butter
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature
- Ground Cinnamon
- Step 1. In heavy saucepan pour cold milk, add rice, sugar and butter. Bring to a soft boil then turn to low heat, stirring frequently until thickened, approximately 1 hour from start of boil. Mixture is ready for the next step when the spoon stands on it's own.
- Step 2. During the last 15 minutes, remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Step 3. In a small bowl beat the eggs lightly. Add heaping tbs. of pudding to egg and continue to beat. Repeat this at least 3 times to temper the egg mixture.
- Step 4. Add the egg mixture into the pudding, continusly stirring till well mixed.
- Step 5. Pour into individual serving dishes or large bowl. Cool to room temperature then chill overnight.
- Step 6. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon to taste before serving.